Luke 24:51 Now as he blessed them, he withdrew from them and was carried up to heaven.
Acts 1: 2 until the day he gave his instructions to the apostles he had chosen through the Holy Spirit, and was taken up to heaven.
APPLYING SCIENCE TO THE ABOVE ....
IF Jesus ascended bodily to Heaven through a cloud we should be able to track him and discover where Heaven is.
JESUS IS NOW SEATED AT THE RIGHT SIDE OF GOD IN HEAVEN as proven in the bible ....
- Christ Jesus ... is at the right hand of God (Romans 8:34)
- Christ is seated at the right hand of God.(Colossians 3:1)
- he sat down at the right hand of God. (Hebrews 10:12)
- Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at God's right hand (1Peter 3:21,22)
- the God of our Lord Jesus Christ ... seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms (Ephesians 1:17,19-22)
IF Jesus travelled at the speed of light then he has not reached the edge of our galaxy - The Milky Way - which is 100,000 light-years in diameter.
IF Jesus ascended vertically at 90 degrees to the Earth then one can trace his trajectory in a straight line. This will be the same line as occupied by Jacob's ladder where angels went up and down from Heaven to Earth - Genesis 28:11-19.
Heaven will have to be within 150 light years from Earth as the above bible quotes were written in the first two centuries CE and 1 Peter was written close to 150 CE.
The problem will be knowing the EXACT DATE AND TIME of the ascension as the Earth orbits the sun and is constantly rotating. By knowing the EXACT DATE AND TIME of the ascension we can plot where 90 degrees from the Mount of Olives is in relation to our position in the galaxy at that time.
Obvioulsy we can find out the EXACT DATE AND TIME of the ascension by asking God as the bible says:
- Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it will be given to you
- Matthew 21:22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.
- Luke 11:9 So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you
- John 14:13-14 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
- John 15:7 you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
- John 16:23-24 whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. ... Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
- James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
So PLEASE ask God for the EXACT DATE AND TIME of the ascension and then we will be
able to calculate the EXACT PLACE where Heaven is and where Jesus is seated
at God's right side by using the science of those secular humanist scientists.